Tuesday, July 28, 2009

just got back ....

from my visit w/ another ENT (ear, nose & throat)... he would be the 3rd one that I've seen in less than a year & the ONLY one w/ some answers. (yet another reason why the east coast is SOOO much better than the west! arrrggghhh)
1st off... he brought up otosclerosis - which is what Luke had found online when he did a little research - he's the only one who has mentioned it (& he did so even before I showed him the 3 pages of info. that Luke had printed up)... he says it's probably not it but get this... he wants to do a CAT scan just to make sure... hmmmm I'm pretty freekin' positive that none of the other freekin' ENT's I went to even mentioned a freekin' CAT scan just to MAKE SURE (not that i'm freekin' upset or anything)
2nd off... he said he wished that i had come to him back in March when this started because he would have prescribed high doses of steroids (for a very short time period ... don't worry i'm not going to get all roid rage on your a*s:)) which has a 50% success rate of reversing this type of hearing loss if done in the early stages!!! Now we are discussing the possibilities of still trying this (or a shot of steroid to the inner ear) but he projects only a 10-15% chance of it working... this is when i started to tear up a bit because if the 1st DR. i had gone to knew about this or suggested this MAYBE I COULD HEAR... maybe this annoying ringing in my ears would go away.... maybe i wouldn't have to get a hearing-aid @ 35(if not sooner).
other news...
-there is a possibility that i will loose even more of my hearing during another pregnancy.
I think that about sums it up. I'll keep you posted on more news/CAT scan results and the such:) & I'm not even going to promise to post more often to the blog... that would just be getting your hopes up:)

No comments: