Yup... I just went to the ear, nose & throat doctor because my ears have been ringing for @ least the last 5 months non-stop. He sent me to have my hearing checked because everything else "looked fine". So after having a hearing test done I was told that I have 40% hearing loss on the higher decibels...
I then went back to the ent doctor & he drew it out for me- my hearing loss would be considered bad for a person in their late 70's... he was VERY CONCERNED... he made me super nervous & I told him this (he didn't say anything to reassure me... leaving me to believe that I would be losing my hearing completely in the next 5 seconds:))
So now it's off to the lab for blood work & I have a little list of vitamins to take (who knew vitamins could help your hearing) But either way... he seems to think that the damage is done... it's probably irreversible & I will probably be wearing a hearing aid the next time I see all you lovely east coasters:( SCARY stuff. Wish me luck & hopefully I won't have to live w/ the ringing in my ears for the rest of my life... Sooooo annoying! But I guess it's better than not hearing anything... gotta keep it all in perspective!
And Landon will be back in action on the blog soon... I really do promise:)
No comments:
Post a Comment