Monday, July 07, 2008

Life...

Landon & I had our first weekend alone this past weekend. It went... OK. Friday (the 4th) was good we went to my old boss Cathy's for a little 4th of July celebration & he got to wear his cute little 4th onesie:) Pictures to come... Luke has to download them - again in case you forgot because of the ghettoness of our little setup on the computer:) Any who we had a great time & were home just as the fireworks started to go off ... this is the 1st year in a LONG time that I have not seen fireworks on the 4th of July ... a little bummed but I was exhausted & I think the babe is still a little to little:)
Saturday was another good day we ran a TON of errands & got lots done:) Then came Sunday... the last day we had to get through before Daddy came home & that's when the poop hit the fan!
All was well in the am ... then some "stuff" happened & I was PISSED... it all went down hill from there. Maybe sensing my attitude, Landon was CRANKY all day long. He was whinny & crying & fussing YUCK!! Then when we finally got our act together to get out to the store & buy some MORE friggin' diapers... DUN DUN DUN (that's supposed to be the scary music they play when something is about to happen... hehehe) my battery in my car is DEAD!!! So.... our friend Aron came over to save the day... because our little damsel in distress didn't know what the heck to do... I didn't even know it was the battery (ok... i had an idea it was probably the battery) Then he even went to the store to pick up the diapers for fear that the car wouldn't start again once I got there (damn hybrids... good for nothin':)) THANK YOU ARON!!! & Shelby for loaning him out!! He even came back w/ milk becsause Shelby knew we were out:) You guys are the best!
So here's to a new week ... a fresh start & even more important here's to Luke's schedule changing... he's going to be home EVERY SINGLE NIGHT & WEEKENDS ... what am I going to do w/ myself... I can hardly wait to have a husband w/ a "normal" work schedule!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaahhhh... melyssa ;) glad you got through your weekend... and glad luke will now be there to save the day :) *hugs*