Hello hun,
It's 11:11 PM, I couldn't sleep because I was thinking of your hearing issue. You can thank "HOUSE" for this. On the last episode, there was a guy who had ringing in his ears, the doctor laid him down and turned his head to the side and told him "it should be fine now, you just had a calcium deposit floating around in the inner ear". So I wanted to look it up. Don't think it's that simple either. But here you go...
I found that OTOSCLEROSIS is build up of calcium on the stapes, which is just inside the ear drum so it can't be seen.
- It occurs in mostly women around the age of 30 or sometimes before.
- It is sometimes genetic- It gets worse when women are pregnant and may not go away.
- It's tough to hear high pitch or normal conversations, you tend to hear better in noisy surroundings.
- Many people experience "tinitis" or ringing in the ears.
There is a couple options for it. Hearing aids, surgery to fix the stape. There may be side effects but only in limited patients, like 1% or something.
http://www.hearinginfo.org/diseasesdisorders/otosclerosis.htm
This all sounds very familiar... Thought you might like to know my late night findings. Maybe we can get this checked again either here or back home. I should be a doctor, damn. Love you and hope you had a good night.
MOOWAH. LOVE ME
1 comment:
awww... and who knew you could learn so much from TV! i knew there was a reason to keep watching.
Post a Comment