Monday, January 02, 2012

One little word

For the past few years ali edwards (a well known memory keeper) has started a tradition of picking a word every new year... something that speaks to her, or something she wants to strive to do. the concept has caught on and a LOT of people are following suit. I've avoided it - I'm not a big resolution person (not that this is a resolution but more of a state of mind) not big on "following the crowd" and most importantly it is hard for me to decide on ONE word for an entire year!! That's a major commitment:) but this year something is different - my word came to me as i was hopping around on pinterest... peace.
Peace
This year i am going to drown out all the noise of others. I will be kind. I will respect their opinions. I will listen to what it is they have to say. BUT I will not let their words affect me.

Peace

This year I am going to learn to be calm & at peace with who I am... take it or leave it folks I am going to be ME!
peacebe at peace

The biggest thing I am going to try to do this year is live in the present. Not dwell on the past. Not look ahead to the future. I want to enjoy every moment I have with my wonderful family and friends. Especially those two little crazy boys who are growing up WAY too fast!!
Be in peace
So if at any point I'm with you & I am not working on this one little word... smack me:)

2 comments:

Coastie Family of 5 said...

I already think you have achieved all these things. You are the most thoughtful person and have been a HUGE joy in my life for the past 3 years <3

jenn shurkus said...

love this word for you :)